Thursday, November 6, 2014

Carpe Diem #599, Yellow colored Valerian or Ominaeshi, one of the seven sacred autumn flowers


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's almost time to publish our new episode as I am writing it right now. I had a busy day an hadn't enough time to publish it earlier. This episode is a kind of "re-prise", because in an earlier post, last month, I had a "Little Creatures"-episode about this same flower, but at that moment I hadn't the idea to bring the seven sacred autumn flowers as a prompt, so forgive me, if this "re-prise" is somewhat fast after it's original.

The Yellow colored Valerian is a part of the flower-family of Honeysuckle (what a coincedence, my penname "Chèvrefeuille" is French for Honeysuckle) and this part is called Patrinia.There are about 17 species native to grassy mountain habitats in China, Siberia and Japan. These are unassuming clump-forming perennial plants having thin, erect stems with few leaves and bearing a terminal inflorescence with yellow or white flowers.
Credits: Yellow colored Valerian or Ominaeshi (Japan)
It's a nice flowering plant and I think I leave it to this ... let the photo inspire you to write an all new haiku.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and wil remain open until November 9th at noon (CET). I will publish our new episode, Boneset or Fujibakama, later on. For now ... just have fun! !! By the way I will publish our new episode of "Little Creatures" tomorrow, because of lack of time. So please have a little bit patience !!


No comments:

Post a Comment